Fuel for growth
Our nutrition experts work with skilled chefs and dietitians to craft fun, tasty menus underpinned by official guidelines.
Every menu cycle contains important macro and micronutrients essential for healthy growth and development.
We know that growth, learning and playtime take energy!
Each day we provide:
- More than 50% of a child’s daily fibre requirements
- More than half of their daily serves of fruit and vegetables (as per Nutrient Reference Values for Australia and NZ).
- Around 75% of children’s daily recommended iron intake.
Based on detailed analysis, we have increased lunch serving sizes by 25% for three- to five-year-olds.
Now with eight serves per tray, our lunch provide 50% of their recommended daily intake of energy (kilojoules): the same as our current portion sizes for one- to two-year-olds.
Our breakthrough bakery range helps to iron out a common childhood medical issue – with all products fortified by 4mg of iron.
That’s more fuel … for more fun.
- Wholegrain and low GI carbohydrates for long-lasting energy.
- Protein for growth and keeping little tummies full.
- Fibre to aid good digestion.
- Healthy fats for brain development.
- Minimising discretionary foods while maximising flavour.
Meeting or exceeding official recommendations
- Age-appropriate meal and snack servings based on Australian Dietary Guidelines: Healthy Eating for Children.
- All backed by menu planning guidelines for long day care centres.
- Foods from all five core food groups with a particular focus on supplying fresh fruit, vegetables and salads each day – in line with Dietitians Australia guidelines.
See our sample menus
Get a taste of our meals and snacks.